This unique recipe combines vegetables with fruit, along with a curry-yogurt dressing for a tasty and different type of chicken salad.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, skin removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup granny smith green apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. non-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, finely chopped
Combine chicken, carrot, celery, raisins, shredded cabbage, apple, scallions and celery seed in a bowl.
Combine all dressing ingredients with whisk in bowl. Pour over salad, mix well. Cover and refrigerate one hour.
To serve, place on a bed of greens such as lettuce combined with shredded red and green cabbage.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
185 calories, 2.5 grams total fat, 0.5 gram saturated
fat, 20 grams carbohydrate, 21 grams protein, 2 grams dietary fiber, 300 milligrams
sodium, 150 milligrams calcium.
Source: Shape Up America!